Boosting school spirit, sophomore Dani Donovan performs at the neon themed final pep rally.
Kenizly Geisdorf

Lunch Box Thief at School Pep Rally

Last Pep Rally of the Season

On October 19, West Plains High School threw the last pep rally of the season in the school gymnasium, also known as the “Wolves Den.” The school showcased a neon theme, with blacklights and glow sticks lighting up the gym. Alongside announcements and games, West Plains’ very own theater kids came to show out.
In addition to the performance of cheerleaders, West Plains High students saw an explosive dance scene with glowing masks. For the first time, the theater department was able to be involved in the neon rally.
“I loved it! I liked the effort the theater put into the dance and how they included specially painted masks.” said junior Nia Induashvili. “It was one of the most memorable moments from this year’s pep rallies.” With the lights off, and blacklights on, students were welcomed to wear neon attire for the special occasion. At the start of the pep rally, the West Plains community was able to see the cheerleaders’ performance in bright pink vests and neon pigtails. All of the West Plains sports teams got an opportunity to announce their achievements for the season and goals for the next. Afterwards, the theater department took the stage in painted masks and white shirts, standing out against the blacklights. They then performed to, Calling All The Monsters, All of The Lights, and I Wanna Dance with Somebody. This outstanding show impressed the Wolf Pack community and brought excitement to the event. Closing out the pep rally, students and coaches were able to participate in a Scavenger Musical Chairs. The participants had to search for items given by the announcer in the crowd. “One of the most memorable moments was when somebody ran up to me,” said junior Bradley Lancaster, “stole my lunchbox for the Scavenger-Musical-Chairs, and didn’t even win.”
With the spectacular neon pep rally closing up the season, West Plains reflects on the Wolf Pack Way. “We felt like a big ole family, you know, like competing in different little games,” said sophomore Bianca Brionnes “I feel like that’s what makes the team spirit, like, the spirit come out.” The whole community enjoyed all of the enriching activities and shows. The pep rally set the tone for the rest of the day as the football team came home with a big win against Perryton.