Pack Press

The Student News Site of West Plains High School

Pack Press

Pack Press

National Custodian Day With Chrissy Samaniego

Chrissy S., head of the custodial department at WPHS, is recognized alongside her staff.

Chrissy Samaniego is one of West Plains High School’s very appreciated custodians. As the head of custodial staff, she is someone who works extremely hard to keep the campus clean and create a positive environment for the students and staff. Chrissy really enjoys working at WPHS. “I love to be around the kids,” said Chrissy. Her advice for all the beloved students is “Graduate and be someone!” Although Chrissy is working hard at school, she also has things to enjoy during her free time. As said by Chrissy, “I love to cook.” Chrissy also often brings goodies to share with West Plains students and staff. 

WPHS custodial staff members receive a cake from fellow WPHS faculty in honor of Custodian Appreciation Day. (Ashley Leonard)

Just like Chrissy, there are so many amazing custodians that show pride and love for the school. Those incredible people deserve immense appreciation and that is why October 2nd is labeled “National Custodian Day.” This is a reminder to show how grateful the West Plains community is for their beloved custodians. Students and staff aim to show appreciation daily, not only on national custodian day.

The custodial staff continues to support our students, teachers, and administrators throughout competitions, pep rallies, clubs, and many other school activities. They are constantly seen attending events like football games and volleyball games, even when travel is involved. Their positivity and bright smiles easily spread throughout the school hallways, even when they’re taking care of a mess. 

Clearly, there are many reasons to show appreciation to these wonderful people. They give a great example of how to act and what attitude to have. Many students of WPHS look at them as great role models. They are a perfect example of what should be appreciated everywhere.