Pack Press

The Student News Site of West Plains High School

Pack Press

Pack Press

Integrity, Honesty, Leadership: Jeff Schenck

A deserving light is shined on WPHS assistant principal, Mr. Schenk.
Fundraising+for+theater%2C+Mr.+Schenck+loses+the+money+competition+and+now+participates+in+the+tape+war.+
Grace Medina
Fundraising for theater, Mr. Schenck loses the money competition and now participates in the tape war.

West Plains High School assistant principal Mr. Schenck was chosen by Pack Press for the first ever staff spotlight. His positive energy and his dedication to the school has provided every student at West Plains a role model to look up to.

Before coming to West Plains, Mr. Schenck worked at Randall High School for 15 years. Although it was a transitional time, he was amazed with all the new opportunities West Plains brought to him.

“I really enjoy coming to school to see the students and athletes (and) how their weekend and games went” said Schenck. “It helps me catch up with their life outside of school and I enjoy that a lot.” It is clear that Mr. Schenck prioritizes his relationships with staff and students. “Even though he is in the business of student discipline, he is also an approachable advocate for students,” said English teacher Mrs. Aduddell, “He is sincerely interested in their growth and well- being.”

Alongside the staff, students have said many great things about Mr. Schenck. “He is an amazing role model for us by embodying qualities that inspire and guide us. He shows strong leadership skills by acting with integrity and honesty,” junior Gracie Venzor says. “Schenck can demonstrate the importance of doing the right thing even when it’s difficult. Additionally, showing empathy and understanding towards students and staff can create a supportive and inclusive environment. With these qualities Schenck can truly be a role model we can look up to and learn from.”

Mr. Schenck is extremely happy he moved to West Plains, as well as the staff and student body. “Try everything you can while you are in high school because once you get to the real world, you won’t get a second chance in some things,” said Schenck. From the Pack Press to Mr. Schenck, thank you for everything you do for the school and the staff here at West Plains.